The commercial property sector in Australia encompasses a wide range of property types, including:
- Hotels and Leisure;
- Health and Aged Care;
- High-end Residential;
- Mixed-use; and
- Urban Redevelopment.
Working in multi-disciplinary teams, comprising specialists in corporate, commercial property, planning and environment, insurance, employment law, construction and infrastructure, and dispute resolution, we offer a full range of services to developers, investors, owner occupiers and tenants our clients at each stage of their project, investment or transaction. These services include support with property development, acquisition and disposal, management and leasing, and planning, heritage and environmental requirements.
Examples of our team’s experience in the commercial property sector include:
- Acting for Shopping Centres Australasia (SCA Property Group) with respect to acquisitions, retail leasing and sales of shopping centres in Victoria and Tasmania;
- Acting for Australian Unity Investments in respect of numerous sales and leasing of commercial, industrial and shopping centre properties in Victoria, NSW and Queensland;
- Acting for Healthscope in respect of various healthcare property acquisitions, development projects, agreements for lease and long term leases, including Holmesglen Private Hospital, Gold Coast Private Hospital, Allamanda Private Hospital, Sydney Southwest Private Hospital, and Newcastle Private Hospital;
- Acting for Citta Property Group in relation to Redevelopment of Hobart Parliament Square;
- Acting for the University of Tasmania in the development of a new 430 bed accommodation in Hobart CBD;
- Acting for Centacare Evolve’s acquisition and management of a 1,000 property community housing portfolio from the Tasmanian State Government;
- Acting for Montague Cold Storage in the acquisition, development, construction, sale and long term lease-back of its new $50M refrigerated logistics facility in the Melbourne suburb of Truganina;
- Acting for Devonport City Council in relation to Phase 1 of its $250M CBD redevelopment project;
- Acting for House Corporate Pty Ltd (Lew Group) in relation to its lease negotiations for 55 former Robins Kitchen retail premises in NSW and Queensland;
- Acting for AMP Capital, Cbus Property, ISPT, Australia Post, McDonald’s Australia and Tattersalls Group in respect of their commercial, industrial and retail leasing transactions;
- Successfully acted for a developer in an application to the planning authority for a 600 lot subdivision;
- Successfully acted for an unlisted property fund in an appeal to the planning tribunal and Supreme Court against a heritage listing of a major CBD office building;
- Successfully acted for a shopping centre owner in respect of a development refusal by the local Council in an appeal to the planning tribunal and to the Supreme Court; and
- Successfully acted for a major tourism operator in respect of an objection to a development approval to the planning tribunal.