Construction projects can open up a minefield of potential risks and legal ramifications. Our clients, including general and specialist insurers, as well as a range of key professionals, rely on our proven capability in this specialist area of insurance.
Clients seek our professional and strategic advice across three broad claims categories:
- Personal injury claims and associated losses arising from construction projects;
- Contract works and property damage; and
- Professional negligence (i.e. principals, contractors, engineers and architects).
Our specialist legal team has a thorough understanding of construction-related insurance, including insurance policy, indemnity, policy coverage, reserving and strategy. Clients appreciate our focused approach that takes into account merits, potential risk and commercial imperatives to bring matters to a swift conclusion wherever possible.
We work with our clients to deliver practical and comprehensive solutions to a range of issues that arise during a project’s life cycle. These include:
- Professional advice and workmanship claims against professionals in the construction industry;
- Legal construction issues such as the nature of the loss and damage,responsibility, causation, quantum and the apportioning of liability;
- Property damage;
- Recovery actions;
- Insurance coverage advice (including double insurance claims);
- Contractual disputes;
- Multi-party claims;
- Business interruption claims; and
- Defence of recovery claims.
CONTACT OUR TEAM
For advice on all Construction & Special Risks issues please contact: