Page Seager has deep knowledge and experience supporting companies, governments and state-owned enterprises involved with:
- Electricity and renewables, including construction, generation, transmission, distribution, storage and sale of electricity;
- Mining, in particular zinc, lead, copper, gold, thermal coal and metallurgic coal; and
- Onshore and offshore oil and gas.
Clients appreciate our team’s ability to understand and adapt to the dynamic and ever changing nature of the energy and resources sector, as well as our expertise in handling complex projects, transactions and disputes.
We have particular expertise in relation to:
- Mergers, acquisitions and disposals of power companies and assets;
- Feasibility and project structuring, planning and approvals, land acquisition and financing of energy and resources projects;
- Engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) contracts, operation & maintenance agreements and fuel supply contracts for power projects (thermal and renewable);
- Workplace health and safety, industrial relations and employment;
- Technology and business process outsourcing, software licensing and development cyber security, privacy and intellectual property;
- Foreign Anti-Bribery & Corruption;
- Competition Law; and
- Dispute Resolution in relation to the construction and/or operation of power and oil and gas facilities.
Clients looking to do business outside of Australia can take advantage of our team’s experience in advising on investment and project development transactions in Asia and other international jurisdictions. Several of our Energy & Resources team members have lived and worked in Europe and Asia, giving them an impressive depth of industry knowledge and understanding.