The Australian Public Sector is Australia’s largest employer, with approximately 1.9m employees and a wage bill of over $140 billion. Every company doing business in Australia interacts with public sector entities (including Commonwealth, State and local governments, statutory bodies, government-owned businesses, universities and local government associations).
Our full service, multi-disciplinary Government and Public Sector team, comprising specialists in corporate, commercial property, planning and environment, insurance, administrative, employment law, procurement, construction and infrastructure, technology and dispute resolution, has extensive experience advising and dealing with public sector entities.
Whether a public sector entity or private sector engaging with the public sector, our clients rely on our extensive government experience to provide relevant and practical solutions to a wide range of issues and challenges, such as:
- Advice on regulatory regimes (including industry specific obligations) and corporate governance;
- Tender and procurement processes, probity and contract management;
- Property transactions, including development, subdivisions and strata title, acquisitions and disposals, and commercial and retail leasing and licensing;
- Planning and environmental advice;
- Workplace Health and Safety advice;
- Employment advice;
- Insurance – advising on a wide range of insurance issues and claims, including public liability, complex professional indemnity, employer’s liability and workers compensation claims;
- Technology and business process outsourcing, software licensing and development, cyber security, privacy and intellectual property; and
- Dispute Resolution in relation to real and personal property, intellectual property, building and construction disputes, commercial loss and insolvency.