The Australian insurance industry is one of the most highly regulated and complex markets in the world. The combined sector generates more than $40 billion in revenue per annum, and pays out over $110 million in claims to policyholders each working day. Constant changes to regulations for general insurers; together with new players entering the market is a feature of the sector.
We work with a variety of participants in the insurance sector, including Australia’s largest insurers, specialist insurers, self-insured employers, the Nominal Insurer and State based statutory insurers.
Our team of insurance specialists delivers unparalleled service, strategy and advice and our clients appreciate that our level of expertise and industry knowledge enables us to understand the real imperatives, and to arrive at a clear strategy for achieving their needs and objectives across the spectrum of insurance lines, including:
- Compulsory third party claims involving motor vehicle accidents;
- Construction and special risks, which encompasses:
- personal injury claims and associated losses arising from construction projects;
- contract works and property damage; and
- professional negligence.
- Financial lines, including:
- directors & officers liability;
- employers liability claims; and
- workplace, health & safety prosecutions.
- Professional risks in respect to professional indemnity claims made against professionals such as accountants, financial planners, architects, engineers, lawyers, real estate agents and medicos;
- Public and product liability claims;
- Marine insurance;
- Transport claims; and
- Workers compensation claims.
Our insurance sector experience has also led us to develop a particular expertise in working with employers on a range of workplace, health and safety (WHS) issues including compliance with WHS laws, the management of major safety incidents and internal safety investigations (including fatalities), and the management of investigations and prosecutions conducted by statutory authorities.