The significance of technology to organisations both as key assets and enablers of business continues to grow. Clients, even those who traditionally did not consider themselves ‘technology’ organisations, are increasingly reliant on technology to remain competitive or even survive. In this environment, clients need experienced advisers who understand the evolving technology landscape to provide astute, commercial advice.
Our practitioners are leaders in advising developers, users and providers of technology across a range of industries including financial services, social services, government, utilities, healthcare, energy, transport and mining. In some instances, they have worked at senior levels in house with global technology suppliers on a variety of complex transactions exposing them to the cutting edge of developments in technology. They have also frequently been involved in advising on the various steps involved in the transition of technology from lab to market.
Our clients rely on our deep industry experience, knowledge and problem solving ability to deliver commercially focused solutions for their technology and IP projects, such as:
- Outsourcing – Advising on the strategic outsourcing of large financial services organisations core banking platforms. Business process outsourcing transactions for utilities and energy providers.
- System Integration – Advising on the design, build, implementation and ongoing run of a range of systems including discrete CRM or ERP systems.
- Data Analytics – Advising on transactions involving ‘big data’ including the establishment of key infrastructure and analytic tools and practical and contractual mechanisms to manage the use of data.
- Cloud Services – A variety of transactions involving the provision of services using remotely accessed infrastructure, applications or services across a range of industries.
- Data Management – Advising on transactions involving the construction of data warehouses, data ownership, management and security. In particular, we frequently advise on evolving trends in data security and contractual and practical measures to mitigate risks associated with data breaches.
- Privacy – As part of providing advice on outsourcing and cloud solutions, we regularly provide advice on compliance with privacy legislation at both state and federal levels and includes advice on related legislative regimes like SPAM.
- Project Remediation – Transactions involving the failed implementation of IT systems in a variety of sectors including healthcare, logistics, and utilities.
- Intellectual Property – Advising on the development, protection and exploitation of key intellectual property assets. We also have experience in advising on the transfer or transition of key intellectual property assets as part of mergers, acquisitions or divestitures.
- Telecommunications – Advising on the roll-out of telecommunications infrastructure, agreements for its management and regulatory requirements.
- Dispute Resolution – Advising on disputes involving complex outsourcing and system integration projects in the financial services and public sector up to and including ADR process. One high profile dispute involving a global supplier and government agency became the subject of a Commission of Inquiry and subsequent Federal Court proceedings.