Navigating the complex world of workers compensation claims is a specialist area of law in which we have exceptional experience. Our passionate, expert team has been instrumental in shaping the laws of workers compensation in Tasmania for over 60 years, and has appeared as counsel in most landmark decisions. We act for national insurers, specialist insurers, self-insured employers and the Nominal Insurer.
Clients seek our professional expertise in three critical claims areas:
- Claims for workers compensation statutory entitlements;
- Claims for damages for personal injuries at common law arising out of employment; and
- Recovery of statutory benefits from third parties.
Our clients appreciate that our extraordinary level of expertise enables us to understand the real imperatives, and to arrive at a clear strategy for achieving their needs and objectives.
Our team of specialists delivers unparalleled service, strategy and advise to clients in the following areas:
- Advising on strategy, quantum and reserving on all workers compensation claims;
- Conducting and appearing in matters before the Workers Rehabilitation and Compensation Tribunal;
- Disputing claims dealing with foundational entitlement, benefit entitlement and quantum, including termination and reduction of entitlement; and
- Managing risk in specialist claims particularly dust claims (including asbestos) and hearing loss;
- Representation in the defence of Common Law claims;
- Training staff; and
- Advising on coverage and indemnity.
CONTACT OUR TEAM
For advice on all Workers Compensation issues please contact: