Public, private and statutory corporations, both domestic and international, rely on Page Seager for strategic, legal and commercial support to achieve business success in relation to a wide range of commercial arrangements and transactions, including acquisitions, disposals and mergers, access to capital, corporate advisory matters and commercial transactions.
Our clients benefit from the experience of a number of our Partners who have worked at top tier law firms and corporations, both in Australia and internationally.
Acquisitions, disposals and mergers (ADM)
Clients may be looking to diversify or narrow products and services, gain access to a wider customer base, reduce costs and overheads or acquire better production and distribution facilities. Every transaction is different, which is why our clients appreciate our customised and commercial focus, and our comprehensive industry knowledge.
Page Seager has experience in providing ADM services to clients across a broad range of industries, particularly in the following sectors:
- Community services; and
- Leisure and entertainment.
We structure deals, manage due diligence (including setting up and managing electronic data rooms), draft and negotiate transaction documents and advise on transactions for our clients in a range of areas, including:
- Share, business and asset acquisitions and disposals;
- Management buy-ins and buy-outs;
- Acquisition financing;
- Demergers and schemes of arrangement;
- Joint ventures and strategic alliances;
- Foreign direct investment, including regulatory (FIRB) approvals;
- Corporate restructures and re-organisations; and
- Venture capital and start-ups.
Access to capital
Page Seager is experienced in supporting corporations, private groups and institutions to access the funds required to meet their business objectives through equity, debt and structured security offerings.
We advise on the full range of debt, equity and hybrid funding structures, including:
- Business structuring and financing for startups;
- Offers of securities to investors including under a prospectus, other disclosure document or applying some of the fundraising exemptions;
- Placement and underwriting of convertible debt securities, debentures and shares both on a private placement and wholesale level;
- Employee share and options schemes; and
- Straight debt arrangements including mezzanine or subordinated funding.
We advise clients on a full range of corporate governance, compliance and structuring issues.
Our team of specialists work closely with our client’s other advisors to provide focused, commercial solutions that best suit the client’s specific requirements. These solutions may encompass a range of issues, including:
- Advice in relation to corporate governance, ASX and Corporations Act compliance;
- Shareholder meetings and documentation;
- Directors’ duties and indemnities;
- Company reporting and disclosure requirements;
- Corporate structures including internal policies, constitutions and charters;
- Joint ventures, partnerships and other forms of consortium agreements; and
- Shareholder, unitholder or stapled security structures.
We assist our clients’ commercial and legal teams with all issues relevant to business trading activities, including:
- Procurement, including service and consultancy agreements;
- Freight and logistics agreements;
- Consumer law and credit;
- Advertising and marketing;
- Personal Property Securities Act and Competition law;
- Sponsorship arrangements; and
- Interpretation of contracts and contractual rights and obligations.
CONTACT OUR TEAM
For advice on all Corporate & Commercial issues please contact: