Our staff are our greatest resource and joining Page Seager means becoming part of a team where you are supported, guided and encouraged to grow throughout your career.
We provide the tools required to progress in your chosen field and are continuously looking to expand our talent base with passionate people who value relationships with both colleagues and clients. We are happy to accept applications at any time, therefore if you are looking to join a great team please contact:
Ms Deirdre Boxall
Human Resources Coordinator
The Page Seager Difference
Working at Page Seager is very different to many other law firms. We offer the following benefits:
- We have truly flexible working arrangements where many of our staff don’t work normal working hours, which enables them to successfully manage family, work and other commitments. Working from home is also the norm for many staff rather than it being the exception to the rule.
- Expectations in relation to workloads and financial performance are set at a realistic level.
- We offer competitive remuneration and access to a performance bonus scheme.
- We have a merit based promotions policy with clear guidelines and criteria to help you aim for your next promotion. There is no guess work involved to know if you are “ticking the right boxes” or not.
- We have a parental leave policy that is practical, flexible, and tailored to ensure the smoothest possible transition into parental leave and then back to work at the end of the leave period. A key part of the policy is a paid parental leave component that is in addition to any Federal Government scheme. We also offer the flexibility for staff to take paid leave at half rate and the ability to purchase annual leave in advance.
- Each staff member has a Responsible Principal who they meet with on a regular basis to help them develop and improve their performance. The door is always open, whether it be with Principals or other senior staff – guidance and support are always available.
- We provide lawyers with day-to-day ownership over files but also provide the necessary level of support so that there is the right balance between gaining practical experience and oversight. In addition, interactions with clients are not limited to senior lawyers only. We want the clients to know the team that is working on their matter.
- We provide opportunities to work on secondment with some of our corporate clients, gaining invaluable experience as an “in-house” lawyer. Secondments not only enable a client to deal with staffing challenges that they encounter from time to time, but they also allow our lawyers to better understand our client’s business and commercial objectives, which is essential to the delivery of effective legal solutions. We have lawyers at all levels that work on secondment.
- On the more social and casual front, we have staff morning teas, Friday night drinks, casual dress on Fridays and a staff committee that runs a number of fun activities throughout the year.
Currently Advertised Positions
We are currently not advertising any positions.
Summer Clerkship Program
Page Seager offers Summer Clerkship positions to university students in their penultimate or final year during the summer break. We are ultimately looking for our future graduates from the Summer Clerkship. This year the Clerkship will run from 27 November to 8 December 2023.
A Clerkship position gives participants a glimpse of practising law in a large commercial law firm. They spend two weeks rotating through each area of expertise, gaining insight into the areas of law we practice in. Each Clerk is paired with a buddy who supports and guides the participant through the program.
The Clerkship offers a variety of experiences, both in and out of the office. Our program is structured so Clerks can learn through a combination of hands-on experience, information sessions, training and observation. It is anticipated that Clerks will be exposed to client meetings, observe court proceedings, conduct legal research, draft correspondence and court documents, develop technical skills, use technology and research resources and have access to a range of lawyers from junior through to Principals.
We are looking for intelligent, motivated, energetic people who are interested in pursuing a legal career in Tasmania. While your academic achievements are important to us, we also value different life experiences and interests.
The application period for participation in the Summer Clerkship Program will be open from 1 July to 23 July 2023. Should you wish to apply, send a covering letter, up-to-date resume and your most current academic transcript to email@example.com to the attention of Deirdre Boxall (Human Resources Coordinator). From the applications received, interviewees are selected, and interviews are expected to be conducted in early August.