Construction projects can open up a minefield of potential risks and legal ramifications. Our clients, including general and specialist insurers, as well as a range of key professionals, rely on our proven capability in this specialist area of insurance.
Clients seek our professional and strategic advice across three broad claims categories:
- personal injury claims and associated losses arising from construction projects;
- contract works and property damage; and
- professional negligence (i.e. principals, contractors, engineers and architects).
Our specialist legal team has a thorough understanding of construction-related insurance, including insurance policy, indemnity, policy coverage, reserving and strategy. Clients appreciate our focused approach that takes into account merits, potential risk and commercial imperatives to bring matters to a swift conclusion wherever possible.
We work with our clients to deliver practical and comprehensive solutions to a range of issues that arise during a project’s life cycle. These include:
- professional advice and workmanship claims against professionals in the construction industry;
- legal construction issues such as the nature of the loss and damage, responsibility, causation, quantum and the apportioning of liability;
- property damage;
- recovery actions;
- insurance coverage advice (including double insurance claims);
- contractual disputes;
- multi-party claims;
- business interruption claims; and
- defence of recovery claims.
CONTACT OUR TEAM
For advice on all construction and special risks issues please contact: