At Page Seager, we understand that compliance with applicable laws and regulations is a critical and increasingly complex part of doing business, both in Australia and internationally. Our team is experienced in advising on a wide range of compliance issues.
Public Procurement and Probity
We work with corporate clients, State and local governments and government business enterprises in relation to the procurement by the public sector of goods and services, plant and equipment, information and communications technology, and building and construction works, including the purchase of consulting services and asset maintenance and improvement works.
Public procurement is a dynamic and challenging area of law for our clients, especially given the volume of laws and policies that impact directly on procurement by the public sector across Australia, and our clients appreciate our solutions-focused approach, and our commitment to ensuring that our knowledge and practices reflect all the latest developments in the procurement field.
We support our clients by offering solutions in relation to:
- procurement strategies, processes and methodologies;
- management of procurement processes, such as Requests for Expressions of Interest, Tenders or Requests for Proposal;
- preparation and negotiation of procurement contracts templates;
- dealing with probity issues involved in high risk or complex procurements; and
- establishment and implementation of contract structures such as joint ventures, alliance contracts and public/private partnerships.
Competition law continues to evolve and develop, and its reach is ever increasing. Recognising our industry experience and our focus on delivering solutions based strategies, our clients regularly come to us for advice on compliance with competition laws and for the development of specialised training programs, including:
- compliance with the restrictive trade practices prohibitions set out in Part IV of the Competition and Consumer Act;
- consumer protection including marketing and unfair contracts legislation;
- mergers and acquisitions;
- licensing, distribution and other vertical arrangements;
- regulator inquiries and investigations; and
- internal compliance procedures.
CONTACT OUR TEAM
For advice on all regulatory compliance issues please contact: