Public and product liability is an area of insurance that invariably throws up challenging claim scenarios, requiring expert knowledge and technical expertise. Whether they be insurers or claims agents, our clients rely on our proven capabilities to deliver strategic and focused solutions to a range of claims – from relatively small value claims to claims of a catastrophic nature.
Clients seek our professional advice in four main areas:
- personal injury claims;
- claims for property damages;
- product liability and product recall claims; and
- recovery of loss.
Underwriters value our commercially focused approach, which is demonstrated in our capacity to achieve a quick resolution in the vast majority of claims. Of course, where the appropriate response requires a rigorous defence of unjustified claims, clients know that we have the talent and expertise to defend the matter to the ultimate resolution, exploring all legal avenues, regardless of the size of the claim.
We draw on the technical experience of experts in other practice areas of our firm to develop practical, successful solutions to a range of public and product liability issues, including:
- advising on strategy, quantum and reserving shopping centre claims for falls and injuries;
- defending claims relating to use of sporting facilities and public spaces;
- pursuing motor vehicle claims and defending recoveries;
- managing fire, arson and major loss claims;
- managing risk in specialist claims, particularly asbestos;
- conducting the defence of statutory insurer recoveries;
- training of staff; and
- advising on coverage and indemnity.
CONTACT OUR TEAM
For advice on all public and product liability please contact: